Thursday, October 21, 2010

A little push...

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. My journals, and later on, computers have always been filled with snippets of stories and dialogue. These characters get into my head and won't rest until I've typed them out on paper. I love writing, and have always dreamed of publishing a novel.

So, I've decided to give myself a little push. Dreams are only that unless I put the effort in to make them a reality. I'm nearly finished writing my first romance novel, and already sketching out characters for a new book. I've just started an online class on "Romance Writing Secrets" and am determined to start putting in the time and effort needed to make this more than a late night hobby.

My current goal is to publish a novel by the time my son starts kindergarten in three years. When he starts school, it will be time for me to go back to work, and my dream is that writing can be that job. Think I can do it? I have no idea, but I've created this blog to follow my journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is amazing that you are actively pursuing your dream. Best of luck to you! I will definitely read your book one day :)