Monday, September 19, 2011

Toughening Up

I entered my first writing contest today!  The Emily Contest through the West Houston RWA.  This is an exciting milestone for me, but I am terrified of the results.  I'm not expecting a miracle, I know I still have a long way to go.  I am looking forward to receiving feedback from the judges to help improve my writing.  And hey, if I'm feeling really brave, I will post the results on here when I get them!  Finalists are announced on December 15th.

Okay okay, I promise to post the results, even if I come in last!  haha.  I have to start toughening up my skin, because I know there will be many, many rejections ahead!

Anyway, I know I haven't kept up on this blog, but I did keep my goal earlier this year and finished the first draft of my book back in May.  Since then, I have been editing, and editing, and editing some more!  I was feeling really confident when I finished the draft, although each round of editing makes me realize how much more I have left to do.

I also joined RWA, and my local chapter, Heart of Carolina Romance Writers.  I attended my first HCRW meeting last week, and have two critique partners from the group.  Up next?  Back to editing, and also to start outlining my next book.

No comments: